Friday, June 27, 2008

IT


"We know, Mr. Weller--we, who are men of the world--that a good uniform must work its way with the women, sooner or later."
Charles Dickens

I don't really know what IT is about a man in uniform, but I like IT. So do all of my girlfriends. A certain group of friends and I call them MIU. Men in Uniform. It just so happens that this acronym was the same one used for the place we worked. We could discuss MIU all day and for all the bosses knew, we were discussing work. Nice.



Kevin as a MIU in The Guardian. Not only does he have some nice ribbons, he has IT.



Jack. IT is Jack.



Red is a powerful color. Fiery red. Intense. Strong. Passionate. That is what red says to me. Tiger has IT in his Sunday Red.



Who's your Tiger? Kenny Rogers has IT and ice for his pitching arm. Perhaps he needs a nurse...



The inspiration for this photographic journey into my mind. My very own lineman. I don't know if he works for the county, I think he works for DTE. Look at this daredevil out playing with electricity during a blizzard and right in my own backyard. There is something about a MIU who knows how to accessorize with a tool belt.



Giorgio Armani in, I'm quite certain, Giorgio Armani.  He knows a thing or two about accessorizing and seems to have his finger on the pulse of IT.   This MIU makes some bad-ass uniforms.  And yes, a suit is a uniform of sorts.


David Beckham in Giorgio Armani. Now that's more like IT!

9 comments:

laurie said...

i'm shocked!!!!

and bookmarking this page.

Rudee said...

OK, Laurie. Just remember, Kenny Rogers is spoken for.

Rositta said...

Jack Sparrow does it for me, I have a thing for "bad" boys even though I'm married to a good one...ciao

Rudee said...

Yes Rositta, but I bet you haven't seen Kenny pitch a game. You'd probably change your selection!

Rose said...

Yowser! Nice eye candy!

Swearing Mother said...

By Jove, I needed that!

The hormones which haven't already packed up and left me are banging into each other with excitement.

Swearing Mother said...

But what about Tom Cruise in his Navy Uniform?

Rudee said...

Swearing Mother,Tom Cruise did look good in his uniform but I like Kevin in his better.

Rose, I'm happy to oblige. Lots of knitters do an eye candy Friday. Perhaps I should do a MIU Friday serial. In fact, I think I will.

Rose said...

Thanks for the great advice about toxic people. You are exactly right; this is a lesson I "learned" years ago, but I haven't had to deal with it lately so I'm out of practice. And it's a lot harder with a stepdaughter than it was with my first mother-in-law, but we'll get there.