Monday, June 16, 2008

War! What is it Good For?


Absolutely nothin'!


I thought this Sock Wars III debacle was over. Wrong! It seems the woman running this thing got fed up and declared the war to be over. Three hundred out of eleven hundred or so participants were still alive. She decided to end the contest by making everyone who was still alive send a postcard to Ireland so she could draw a name and declare the winner that way. She gave only about a week's warning in which to post a card to Europe. Jeeze. There are knitters still alive on just about every continent. In the meantime, Ravelry boards are aglow with reasonably upset participants who've knit their fingers to the bone in the attempt to be declared the one with the fastest needles in the world. Also don't forget that winning the grand prize is worth a pretty penny in yarn.

On another front, the knitter who killed me sent me an email Saturday declaring she was dead and had never received the sock and 1/4 that I so thoughtfully shipped to her. Oh contraire my dear assassin! I did ship them on June 3rd and the USPS says they are languishing in one of their Florida postal offices due to neglect on the receiver's end. She failed to pay attention to the fact that the USPS attempted delivery (they left notification) and were holding the package in the hopes she'd come in and get them. They've been gathering moss since June 5th.

Tomorrow, I'll call that post office in the hopes they can ship them back to someone who cares. I'll finish them myself for my former target.

The next time I shout out my intent to enter a yarn smackdown, will somebody please get me to come to my senses?

7 comments:

willowtree said...

I have to say, this whole thing sounded like a bad idea from the start.

Rudee said...

Now ya tell me.

Rositta said...

I'll be the first to give you a little smackdown, lol (just kidding). The Supreme Comander made a pretty penny out of this without a whole lot of effort...ciao

Rudee said...

Not to mention the profit from the sale of merchandise Rositta. I didn't buy any but I'm sure plenty of people did. Oh BTW, I'll remind you of these trials and tribulations with a smackdown right back at you if you do this again. I can't believe you dragged me into this ; )

Rositta said...

Huh...who dragged who?

Rudee said...

I'm pleading the fifth amendment. Do you have that right in Canada?

Rositta said...

Nope, no fifth amendment in Canada, sad isn't it...ciao