Sunday, June 1, 2008

Public Service Announcement


Once again, it's that time of month and I'm here to tell you to go fetch your own Blueberry Snowcone limited editions Lorna's Laces yarn. This is only available through Jimmy Beans (see the sidebar) and only until they run out.I'm being so friendly about all of this because I HAVE MINE ALREADY. If I didn't and they sold out, I'd be quite whiney about the whole thing.

We've had an interesting weekend at work. It's literally been heavy and I've already booked an appointment with my chiropractor for an adjustment tomorrow. I'm going on my last two weeks here and I'm looking forward to the change of pace. So is my back. My mind? My soul? I can't wait for the change in these areas as well.

I'm suffering from a severe case of short timer's syndrome. I just can't seem to get my panties in a knot over anything here. Did I get upset and run around the house like a madwoman when I woke up two hours late for work yesterday? Nope. I took it in stride and waltzed into work not letting it bother me-it didn't set me off my day at all. Did the PCT really take a 1.5 hour lunch? Don't look at me. I'm not going to have a "talk" with her. The politics of my workplace have become something I really don't care about and I find this liberating. When work calls on my day off to try to cajole me into coming in extra, I feel nothing. No temptation to yank the bait of OT and bonus off the rod. No guilt at leaving my colleagues short. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Dahling, I feel faboolus. I'll miss my colleagues here but I figure the people I've made friends with will always be my friends. We'll just have to meet up elsewhere to hang and gossip. Liberating.

ETA:  Just surfing and googled Jimmy Bean's CNN and found this article regarding my favorite online yarn store.  Many times, I can find these same yarns locally and when I do, I support my local yarn stores.  When I can't, I buy from JB.  If I buy today, I can plan on delivery within 48 hours. There are no delays and my orders have never mysteriously disappeared like they have with a couple of other online vendors. J. Bean's customer service is amazing.  I have nothing to do with this place but provide shameless free advertisement for them because their business practices keep me satisfied.  I am amazed they do $2,000,000 a year in revenues, but I'm not shocked.  They are that good.  Good for you JB.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rudee,
You are the best! Thanks for the wonderful words of kindness (and sorry about the short-timers - we've all been there and can feel your pain)!!

Have fun with your Snowcone (our own Ashley even logged in last night and bought some from home) - and it makes me sooo happy that you buy from your LYS when you can - as you know, we are also an LYS in Reno (where it's beautiful today!!!):)

-Laura (Jimmy)

Rudee said...

You're welcome Laura. It's all true. You have a great online store. If I lived in Reno, I'd be at your brick and mortar place all the time.