Monday, June 30, 2008

I've A New Man in My Life



That's right! I'm in love. After 3 consecutive days of getting lost in the city of Detroit last week, I finally made the decision to buy myself a gps navigational device. I don't want you to think I'm a bit of an idiot getting lost in a city I've lived in all my life. I'm really not. I am a fairly good naviguesser. But guessing is pretty much what I do and when I need to get specific about driving through some of these neighborhoods, guessing isn't good enough.

The straw that broke the camel's back (note to self: find out where that saying originated), was asking two rather interesting looking fellas, who more or less scared the s#!t out of me, where a certain street was. For the life of me, I couldn't find it. Not surprisingly, the street sign had been stolen, removed or whatever, but probably stolen. That's why I can't naviguess my way anywhere in this city. There aren't any road signs!

I decided to buy the TomTom. I programmed it first with a woman's voice but then changed it to Tim. I like Tim and his sexy accent. He gets me from point A to point B by the fastest route and usually without a glitch. Unlike the other men in my life, so far, he has never been wrong.

7 comments:

laurie said...

clearly, a man worth paying good money for!
i am lost without mapquest. lost.

Rose said...

Just saw your comment about the green scarf. Yes, I modified the one in OneSkein to make it longer; actually used two skeins of Galway Highland Heather yarn. I really liked the yarn; cheap and easy to work with! And the green has some flecks of brown in it to give it depth, even though it doesn't show up in my photo.

Mrs. G. said...

How cool to have a driver with a sexy accent. Go, Tim, Go!

Rositta said...

Oh, I'm jealous...I want one...ciao

Lacy said...

Congrats! Tim will never steer you wrong. Detroit will never be a mystery for you again. Safe driving you, two.

Jane said...

So glad you got one of these. Had meant to mention that I'd seen a programme saying that the basic Tomtom is the best value for your buck. Good choice.
Relieved that you can find your way around now as I was concerned for you. I wonder if I can change Doris's voice to a mans? I'll have to look into that. Sure would make the nagging a whole lot easier with a 'Tim' instead of 'Doris' giving me directions.

Rudee said...

I still love Tim even though he tried to send me to the wrong address today! I wanted to go to a certain hospital and thought I'd picked the right one. He went out of his way to convince me I was going in the wrong direction even though I wasn't. I think he tried to send me to an outpatient spot by the same name. Tomorrow, he is going golfing with my son since I know the way to the hospital without him.