Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Surprise Swap


I am admitting that once again, I am a sockmaniac. More precisely, I am a member of a Yahoo group called Sockmaniacs. The most fun I have on this site is participating in swaps. This last one was a book or yarn swap and I thought that was fun. Participants entered a wish list for either a knitting book or yarn then added a few things about general likes and dislikes.

I shipped off a package stuffed with yarn, fun things and some coffee beans to Jean in the Pacific Northwest. Debbie from California sent me this lovely assortment of knitting related gifts:

Ann Budd's Book of Sweater Patterns
Nicky Epstein's Knitting Beyond the Edge
Burt's Bees Tips and Toes Hands and Feet Kit
A pound of Starbuck's Sulawesi coffee
And the little poodles?



Well, the poodles are salt and pepper shakers that are kissing. They're held together by magnets. I collect salt and pepper shakers and I have to say, this set is pretty cute.


Thank you Debbie, I feel completely spoiled. It's obvious to me that you put a lot of thought and effort into this package. After the week I've had so far, my only plans for tonight are to make a pot of coffee, put my feet up and check out those new books. But first, I'm going to go fill those adorable shakers.

For you sock knitters out there, follow the link above to sockmaniacs and join us. You won't be disappointed and it's a great way to meet others who like to do what we do. International knitters can also join. The next swap theme is international and I'm already thinking. Italian, Norwegian or Australian. There are some pretty fabulous yarns and patterns out there in this great big world of ours.

No comments: