Friday, January 23, 2009

Six




Brenda tagged me to play along with 6 things you probably don't know about me.  I'm having a hard time being clever about this, or being positive.  Usually, it's our best face we put on and hold back the negative.  I'm not so sure I want to tell any secrets.

For instance, did you know I can be a raging hot head?  I think it's a combination of hormones and that Arabic blood.  I've calmed down considerably, but on occasion, I can be a raving lunatic.  I never know when it'll happen, it just does.  At times I've considered exorcism.  I'm sure my victims have considered homicide.  Thank God for waning hormones.  Although some here would disagree, I think I've mellowed considerably.  My daughter went to see a psychic last week, he told her to tell me to calm down.  And I thought I'd mellowed...

I have two, count them, two tattoos.  Oh yes I do.  I wanted to give the nursing home staff something to discuss when I'm all gorked out, and since I don't have breast implants, tattoos will have to suffice.  Incidentally, I can put this out for the whole world to read because my mother is dead now.

Speaking of my mother, I was deeply disappointed when she gave my sister's Chatty Kathy doll away to charity.  It's possible I never recovered from this loss.  Out of spite, I went and got 2 tattoos.

Like Brenda, I have man-sized hands.  My husband calls them my bear paws.  If he thinks I'm heading into a fit of rage (see #1), he will offer me Golden Crisps cereal or donuts to shut me the hell up calm me down.  Since you may not believe I have such big paws, I went shopping today for some new leather gloves.  None of them fit-they were all too small.  I'll have to stick to the same pair I've had for 10 years or shop in the men's department.

I can hold a grudge like nobody's business.  If I feel you have wronged me, I will never speak to you again.  Ever.  We could have been friendly for thirty years or more and that wouldn't matter.  I will stick your name in a jar and throw it in the freezer.  I will then forget all about you.  Really.  On the other hand, I'm a loyal friend.  I won't steal your man, your money, your jewelry or your job.

I routinely bite off more than I can chew.  This happens in every aspect of my life including work, play, home, etc.  I also eat more than I should too and that fits in well here.  

Well, that wasn't so bad.

Thanks Brenda.  This was fun to play after all!

15 comments:

WT said...

Yeah, I'm big on grudges too, and I never forget, but I don't lose any sleep over it.

Rudee said...

WT, I don't lose sleep either and it takes a lot to push me to that place. Once done, it's done. I don't look back. I don't know if that's a good thing, or a bad trait. I won't lose any sleep pondering that either.

Anonymous said...

Correction: The Psychic said to stop being such a perfectionist. You are too hard on yourself, and it's going to lead to depression. He never mentioned a raging lunatic, or an excorcism.. I don't think you are a lunatic, I think you are quite sane. You have calmed down a lot... it's all due to your "don't sweat the small stuff" attitude I admire so much!!!
What do you expect a momma bear to have? Small paws? . . . They are hardly the size of a man's hand. AGAIN, this may be a biased opinion.

Cheryl said...

I think your six list was very interesting. I definately learned six new things about you! I had that very same doll and it got lost in our move to Tennessee. I was so bummed out, still am. It was the best doll...ever.

I tend to hold grudges too. I'm better about it now, but if someone hurt me I would just cut them out of my life. I do look back though...sometimes.

Have a great day!

Winifred said...

Chatty Cathy, now there's a blast from the past. My dad bougth my daughter Claire one of these for her first Christmas. She was 4 months old! Men.

She loved it when she got older and she was bigger than Cathy. I really thought it was still up in the loft. However my husband brought down what was left of Claire's toys and it wasn't there sadly, just a big ugly doll I bought her when she was seven. Cathy was lovely.

Brenda said...

I more or less have all of those things about myself, except for the tatoos. I have stories I could reveal about my temper, and yes I hold grudges, I just call them something else..I think it is moving on. I have that same trait where I will take and take and take and then the straw that breaks the camels back happens and the rest is history. I could go on and on, but the baby is here...so later...and Thanks for playing!

Rudee said...

Anon, I guess it's better to be a perfectionist rather than a spaz. You're very sweet, but I know I have man hands.

Cheryl and Winifred, I was heartbroken over that doll.

Brenda, I really believe the rants were fueled by hormones. My skin may miss my hormones, but my mind does not.

Sandy said...

Well that was fun to read. I have man hands too!!! I use to wear a size 7 ring and now its' probably an 8, water retention I'm sure, ha.

flydragon said...

Why am I not surprised at #1 and #5 but am surprised at #2? On second thought, maybe not surprised at that one, either:)

Rudee said...

Sandy, my husband's wedding ring is too small for my hands. hahaha.

Flydragon, what surprises you? Maybe that I don't have implants, or is it the tats?

flydragon said...

Ha, it was the tats.

distracted by shiny objects said...

ahhhhh, grudges...You know, you can always write short stories that just happen to have a character with the exact same name as your ex-best-friend from the sixth grade. And that character might just happen to be a stringy-haired, rat faced trampy slut.

the rotten correspondent said...

Do you not think that the hothead thing and the grudge holding are connected? I also do both, but think there's a real tie there.

And I don't know what the hell you're talking about when you say Arabs are hotheads. Certainly no Arabs I know.

Rudee said...

You're so right distracted. Glad to see I'm not alone and others can hold a grudge like a champ too.

Betty Flocken said...

This was so much fun to read!