Sunday, March 9, 2008

I've Lost It


"Lost time is never found again"
Benjamin Franklin



Ordinarily, I never work the weekends of daylight savings time.  It seems it was my turn to lose out on some shut eye and I am feeling it today. By some miracle, I managed to remember to spring forward an hour when I set my clock last night.  It was pretty hard to go to bed early to get my required sleep, in a lesser amount of alloted time, so I took a little benadryl to help me out (nothing good ever comes of me taking benadryl).  The alarm jolted me awake and I felt surprisingly halfway decent for having been cheated out of an hour of REM.  I got dressed and took off for work.  


It was when I got there that I realized my socks didn't match.  This would never happen if they were my handmade socks.  There is no mistaking it when these socks don't match.   My hand knit items are my flair and my socks, especially so.  These were store bought black socks (shudder) and although the colors matched, the patterns didn't.  One had diamonds and the other had a polka dot pattern.  It wasn't as bad as the day I sat in on a family meeting discussing the poor prognosis of somebody's loved one in my scrubs and socks with monkeys plastered all over them (so professional) but I still looked  like a total doofus and tried all day not to let anyone see my feet.  I can't believe I did that.   Note to self:  turn the light on when you get dressed and either wash those hand knit socks or make some new ones.

No comments: