Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I Brake for Yarn, Again

Today, I have a rare Tuesday off from work.  My schedule has been split up for weeks due to staffing issues at work and I am out of sorts (if you take note of the baby pic in upper right corner-he is at fault but he is so cute, I gotta let it slide).  I ordinarily do a work 2 off 3 split.  That gives me one day to recuperate (and clean and shop) and 2 days to do whatever (knit or shop for yarn).  I stay up late reading, knitting and watching the idiot box on nights when I don't have to get up at 5 am.  

I set my alarm for 7 am this morning and woke up at 9.  Nice.  Not!  I slept through Rachel's bus pick up and now I have to haul my behind(and her) over to her school.  I may let her sleep in too and just play hookie with me.  

Today I have a full dance card.  I HAVE to do the payroll for Rachel's employees or they may get really ticked off at me.  I must go snuggle that new baby and bring his mum the white noise machine I promised (note to self, find white noise machine).  I have to think of something to cook for dinner.  I have to cook for Duke today.   And I have to do a telephone interview nursing survey at 11 am.


What's that you ask?  This is something I signed up to do for some national survey company that wants to know all about nursing.  I made the connection to do this survey on a group I belong to in Ravelry: Nurses Who Knit and Crochet.  The going price for an hour of my time?  $25 dollars and a skein of hand-painted yarn.  I couldn't possibly care less about the money.  The yarn is a different story so I volunteered to do the interview.


The pre-interview email was sent last night and was about a 15 page long questionnaire.  What have I done? All this for 1 stinking skein of yarn?  Well, it is  hand-painted. 

2 comments:

the rotten correspondent said...

For hand painted yarn you have to pull out all the stops. I understand completely.

You do payroll on the side? Wow. You are seriously multi-talented.

Rudee said...

I submit time sheets and data collection sheets to a fiscal fiduciary who does Rachel's payroll (she is the employer). I procrastinate (my middle name) on this task every 2 weeks. When I finally get to it, it takes 20 minutes and I scold myself for putting it off.

I did the phone interview and can't wait to select my yarn! Coming to a mailbox near you soon will be this health and human services questionnaire. It is lengthy and may require a full pot of coffee to complete! When you fill it out, remember me-I was on the guinea pig end of this form.