Friday, August 22, 2008

Swap


I love the Sockmaniacs sock swap group I belong to on Yahoo. It's fun and a nice way to meet new people. I've been corresponding with my latest swap partner for weeks; she really leads quite an action filled and interesting life! This summer's swap had an international theme. My partner hasn't received her package yet so I won't spill the beans as she admits she lurks on my site from time to time. Hello Joyce!

She sent me an amazing array of yarn and treats. I'm thrilled with the contents of her very thoughtful package. It's a Japanese theme with a stunning and absolutely gorgeous new line of Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn. THREE skeins. The colors are so vibrant but the one that is teal and blue and charcoal and lime green is my absolute favorite. I've already cast on a pair of socks for myself in that gorgeous teal (color #S252.)


I should brew a pot of tea from the selection she sent me and drink it in the fortune cup. The lottery jackpot is 95 million tonight and if this package is any indication of impending luck, I'm all over that. If I win, I'll be sure that this new friend will be retiring. I will tell you, confidentially, Joyce lives in an area of California where she assures me, "everyday is like a vacation here." According to her, she doesn't need to go away on vacation to feel she has gotten away from things (see the top picture for proof.) But Joyce, wouldn't it be nice to have time to knit all day, everyday?


There are so many treats in this package including teas, candies, incense, a candle, knitting needles, chopsticks, patterns and bookmarks. Look for yourself. I photographed them on my new bed. The bedspread is new too and ironically, the pattern is called Tea Garden. How fitting.


Thanks Joyce. I feel like a true winner today! Your package is scheduled to be delivered Saturday. I hope you like it as much as I like mine. Additionally, you are going to need an apron to fully enjoy the contents.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth,
Wow, my life sounds so much better when you describe it!! Thanks! So glad you like your package, other than Monterey, Japan is my my favorite place on earth. It was fun to share a past of it with you>
Joyce
P.S. I'm intrigued about the need for an apron for my swap. You couldn't possibly know that I have an international apron collection?! That is just too weird! Gave me goosebumps.

Rudee said...

Well, I hope you have a red, white and green apron. It'll go well if you do.

Your family stories have kept me entertained this month. Your really should have your own blog. You have a lot of interesting subject matter and a great sense of humor about it all.

I'm knitting socks right now from your package! Thanks again.

Mrs. G. said...

What an amazing package! If I had a dollar for every time I've tried to knit a pair of socks and failed miserably, I would be about $16 richer.

sandy said...

What a package of goodies you got!! Swaps must be so much fun.

I like your new bed.

And I LOVE Monterey...

Rudee said...

Awww, Mrs. G., you just lack the proper teacher. If I'm ever in your neck of the woods again, I'll teach you.

Sandy, I've not been to Monterey. It's on my list. Swaps are a fun way to shop. I let Joyce tell you what she got in her package.

Jane said...

Wonderful looking package. Enjoy!