Friday, August 8, 2008

Are You an Insomniac Too?


Blame it on menopause. Blame it on the new job and worry that I've made a mistake; it sucks to be a perfectionist. I don't know what it is but the minute my sleepy and exhausted body drops off to sleep, my mind pops awake. I've tried everything. Sleep aids just make me feel hungover. Nothing works. Usually, I'll read or get up and knit. Ordinarily I find this relaxing and can fall back asleep.

With my oldest daughter's help though, I've found counting sheep to be of benefit. It works. I like sheep and I like wool, I kind of think this exercise fits me. If you're up reading this right now, you're either an insomniac like me or you live on another continent. Go ahead and count these sheep and see if they don't help you.

Don't hate me now. Hate my daughter-it's all her fault.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Yep, I never sleep well. That is the reason I spend so much time on the computer, that and the fact that it is on my kitchen table, drawing me like a magnet when I walk by it. Sleep aids are not good except sometimes Advil Pm helps. Funny little reaction time tester...I was very slow. The snail, I think.. Ha!

Rudee said...

I'm a bobbing bobcat Brenda. I knew I'd get slammed at work again tonight so at 8:30, against my better judgement, I had a large latte at Caribou. Who's sorry now?

Brenda said...

Oh but I bet it was so delicious!