Monday, August 18, 2008

Like Pee on Snow

Things are coming along with the graying of my very short head of hair.  I'm about a month away from calling this experiment complete. I'm thrilled with the results.  It looks amazingly good and if I have to be gray, at least it's a great color, more silver really, than gray.

Over the past few weeks, I've been reading the new David Sedaris book, When You are Engulfed in Flames.   It's a collection of essays that are always thought provoking and more often, hysterically funny.  In one of his stories, he describes an older woman's white hair that was streaked with yellow,  like snow that had been peed on.  I laughed for a long time over that that story.  That's sort of where I am with my hair, still blond on top with beautiful silver beneath.  

I have a few favorite chapters with this book so far and I'm making myself read it very slowly.  I'm trying to savor the stories.  There hasn't been one that hasn't made me laugh out loud.

Do yourself a favor and either buy this book or check it out at the library.  You're in for a treat.

No comments: