Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sticks on Fire

I'm still not knitting much these past few weeks. It's as though I burned myself out trying to get through the must do knitting and left no fuel for anything else. Maybe I can set fire to my needles to see if that will spark a flame. Or...Or I could start a knit along. Why not?

One of the things that sparks my creativity is knitting or spinning with a group of like minded people. I usually have an incredible time and I love having the opportunity to draw on the experiences of others, while simultaneously gleaning priceless information I didn't know I couldn't knit without.

Rose and I have been going back and forth with this KAL idea since first seeing the fall Interweave Knits Magazine. There isn't an unattractive pattern in the entire issue. Well OK, the Fair Isle patterns don't entice me, but they're still pretty. It's just not my cup of tea to knit with all of those colors. Maybe it's yours. Hey! Someone has to knit that stunning Bohus sweater.

Consider this your formal invitation to join this KAL being hosted at Sticks on Fire, a virtual knitting circle. This is a BYOP (Bring Your Own Pattern) group, so grab your fall issue of IK Magazine, select your yarn and needles and be ready to cast on by September 21st. It's that simple. All skill levels welcome.

11 comments:

Stephanie V said...

Sounds like fun...now to get that IK issue and choose a pattern. My daughter is already knitting the cover sweater.

Jane said...

I've just found a UK stockist of the magazine, so I might come and join you

Anonymous said...

I guess that leaves me out. I can't knit, but I will enjoy you all.
QMM

Rose said...

Thanks for setting it up! I'm looking forward to it! My first KAL and my first sweater!!

Rose said...

I tried to add myself as a follower but it doesn't show. What do I do now?

Gail said...

I can not knit!

Brenda said...

I do have the IK issue but won't be able to join in. I still have several side things going on. A baby blanket and some quilting. l I will look forward to seeing what everyone creates.

Kathleen said...

And if you've never knit a stitch in your life? The idea terrifies me. I'm so bad with patterns. Can you freeform knit the way you can in beading?

Rudee said...

QMM, I can't crochet. Nor paint. Maybe you can make us a picture to put in our header. Think lots of women sitting in a circle yapping about everything and nothing.

Gail-I'm sorry. It's never too late to learn. You can always come to circle just to hang out.

Brenda, if you catch up, you can join in anytime.

Kathleen-it's just sticks and strings. Of course free form is allowed...I just don't know what you'll get. There are a couple of nice scarves in the magazine.

And for everyone else who is joining in, thank you. I'm looking forward to getting started.

Anonymous said...

Oh Rudee I did not mean to indicate that I was sympathetic to his situation or to imply most doctors, being scientist are atheists. Every doctor I know has respect for life and does not see things as he does.
QMM

Rositta said...

Darn it Rudee, I left that magazine back in Toronto. All I brought along is sock yarn. I'll be watching to see what you knit though...ciao from across the pond.