Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pins and Needles

What do you do while waiting? Eat, of course! Grilled cheddar cheese on Italian bread and tomato soup straight from the good ol' American Campbell's soup can. Next up, a cup of Earl Grey and maybe the whole box of Walker Shortbread Cookies. I can hardly stand this!

This was me earlier when I went to the polling site:


Notice, I was only accosted by a father and daughter team trying to get me to vote no on stem cell research. She doesn't look too threatening here now, does she? I remained strong though and while not quite plowing over this young lady, neither did I take her red rope of bribery. I didn't have the heart to tell her my vote didn't go her way. C'est la vie! In a few more years, she can mosey on up to the polling booth and cancel my vote out. Until then, I'm voting as fast as I can. When I was done, I took that travel mug up to Starbucks for my free cup of joe.

The hat? Not my style. The new owner? The Divine Ms. S. She looks fabulous in this beanie style hat. I'll stick to berets. She needs to send us a picture so we can compare and contrast. Well, here's hoping my pager stays silent tonight. With luck, everyone's too interested in outcomes tonight to bother with the hospice nurse. Just in case, I'm going to TIVO Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. I could use a good laugh right about now.

6 comments:

Rositta said...

Your right, the hat doesn't do you justice. Free coffee at Starbucks? Wow!...ciao

Brenda said...

Well, I like the hat. You look so skinny, you are inspiring me to lose weight. No one offered me licorice. They must not do that here. Have a great day!

sandy said...

Oh..great photo of you! Love the hat... Gosh lady you have beautiful skin!

Winifred said...

I really like the hat. The glasses look great.

Betty F said...

You look great! Glad your waiting was worth it!

Rudee said...

Thank you everyone. I don't like the beanie style on me but it looks great on my daughter. And after all, no one is more appreciative of my hand knits than her.

Brenda, I like your new look there. You were a cute little girl.