Friday, June 19, 2009

A Little Humor Please

I looked and looked for the following commercials on YouTube. Alas, they were not to be found, but that's not going to stop me. Am I alone in thinking the newest Aricept commercial is a bit odd? It's the one where the daughter is talking about how they showed up for weekly lasagna at her mother's and mom had forgotten to cook for them. All concerned now, she took mom to the doctor and had her put on Aricept so she'd never forget to slave over that stove for them again. If my kids think I'm cooking Sunday dinner when I'm a hundred years old, they better think again.

The second commercial was for Remax. It showed a woman who saw her dream house online at the Remax website. All excited, she takes her husband to see the house. When they get to the house, she rings the bell while caressing the door. She then tells the door, "you have such a nice ding dong." For crying out loud! I laughed myself stupid over that one.

I've been watching a lot of TV lately while I knit. I finished the purplish socks with the picot cuff but I'm in a slump with the shawl. With over 500 stitches per round, I'm feeling overwhelmed by the whole thing. I'll get back on it this weekend though. Promise.

Here are two clips from the Colbert Report the other night. I adore that man and these two clips were pretty funny. I have a need to try to find humor right now. Maybe you do too. Since the two stories go together, watch the top clip first.

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Stephen's Positive Obama Coverage
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorStephen Colbert in Iraq


The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Murder in the White House - Fly Widow Interview
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorStephen Colbert in Iraq

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too like Colbert. That hair sure makes him look different. I saw that on the news. Good laugh for today.
Have a great FAther's day weekend.
Blessings.
QMM

Brenda said...

I thought the same thing when I saw the commercial for the ageing mother. I could turn that into my own spin on things. She didn't forget people, she doesn't want to make you a meal every Sunday!! This one was really laughable. Makes you wonder who wrote it. The same person or persons that wrote the toilet paper commercial years ago that showed women knitting "Quilted Northern". They didn't know the difference between quilting and knitting. Where are the back up brains before they air these things.
Maybe they were aware and just wanted to see if people would notice.
Humor for me always brightens my day.

Unknown said...

A blonde walks into a bar, sits down next to a priest and starts telling him a Polish joke, when halfway through the priest interrupts her, "Don't you know I'm Polish?" "Oh, I'm sorry,"
the blonde apologizes, "Do you want me to start over and talk slower?"
Ba-dum-dum...:>)
Have a lovely weekend and Happy Father's Day to your hubby.

Stephanie V said...

Haven't seen either of those two commercials - not because I'm not looking but I guess they don't get aired here.

Knitting and TV kind of go together. I mean, have you tried to knit lace while you're reading a book? I'm sending very positive thoughts to you and your lace-knitting fingers. One stitch at a time...

Pyzahn said...

Even though my background is advertising, I usually manage to completely tune out commercials. Maybe that's why I can't find a job!

BUT...I do LOVE (love love love) Stephen Colbert. It's bordering on unnatural the adoration I feel for him.

What a great gig. The guy gets paid mucho dinero to be crazy silly and make fun of bozos. And I still think that under that "persona" is a stud muffin.

And thanks to DBSO for her cute joke. Next time I'll tell my pirate story.

Winifred said...

We don't get advertising here for prescription only drugs so no Aricept ads. Yet! What set of morons produced that ad? I don't even do Sunday lunch now never mind when I'm ancient.

I'd complain to the advertising standards agancy about it. Patronising gits!

Most ads are wasted on me, even the funniest. I can remember the ad but not the product. Maybe I need Aricept!

Kathleen said...

Without whapping it at least 7 times in 15 minutes, our TV is worthless. So I haven't watched it for years. So thanks for the Colbert clips. I feel a little more "with it" now

I haven't seen the Aricept commercial, which is probably a good thing!