Thursday, April 10, 2008

What Would You Do?

Here's the thing.  My home hasn't been the same since Augie Doggie passed away last May.  I've been hemming and hawing and riding the fence about adding a new dog to the mix.  I think dogs are like children; it's a test of skill to put up with more than one. If you have one child and things seem amiss, you know who to put the finger on.  If you have one dog and one chewed shoe, you know whodunnit.  Since I've been unsure about having another beastie around here, I've done nothing.  Until now.


Meet Ellie Mae.  She is a beautiful coonhound who was abandoned because she is afraid of gunshots and is therefore useless for hunting.  Welcome Ellie Mae.  You'll fit right in with this house of misfits.

6 comments:

willowtree said...

Well, I would bring Ellie Mae home, that's what I'd do!

My Bentley is afraid of loud noises (guns) too, which is how he ended up in the pound.

Good on you!!!

Anonymous said...

Cousins: Chip chubby and Gabby can't wait to meet her. Is her dads name Jed?



FTM

Rudee said...

I'm going to pick her up Saturday in Goodalls. I'm a wee bit intimidated by descriptions of her potential behaviors. However, I think she is beautiful. I'm told she is affectionate and friendly. I hope she won't be bored with no coons to hunt. I haven't seen one in this neck of the woods in quite awhile.....

Since she is abandoned, I don't know who is her daddy.....

Rositta said...

Looks like a great dog. We have a lot of (ra)coons in our little neighbourhood but no coon hounds, lots of other dogs though. We kept meaning to get another dog after our black lab died a few years ago but now that we go away 6 weeks every year it's not an option any more, too bad...ciao

Anonymous said...

Goodells is only two minutes from hotterville; 4 from Pixley and 15 minutes from Port Huron.




Ftm

Anonymous said...

sooooo cute! I can't wait to meet her!