Friday, April 18, 2008

I am a Sockmaniac


It's true. I'm a Sockmaniac member--and you could be too. This is a Yahoo group that I've belonged to for awhile. Until now, I've never participated in a sock swap. Sometime in February, the urge hit and so I signed up.


My sock swap partner is the lovely Penny from Winnipeg. I sent her a box of sock knitting goodness that is right now somewhere between Michigan and Manitoba so I'm not going to spill the beans about what may be inside. She hasn't seen it yet. However, I've received her package and pretty much all I can say is I'm amazed. Her theme was an Asian Surprise Swap. I'm surprised. Be sure to click on the pictures to view in a larger frame.


In the box was a teapot with cups and two different types of tea. I love tea. There are Japanese noodles, fortune cookies, wasabi peas (love) and chop sticks. I think the chop sticks could double as knitting needles in a pinch--especially on a plane should mine get confiscated. There are two magazines I've never read and 4 (FOUR) Asian inspired sock patterns. There is wool wash in four different scents and yarn. Beautiful Asian yarn.



There are two skeins of Crystal Palace Panda Cotton yarn in Faded Jeans and one absolutely stunning skein of Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn in beautiful bright colors (LOVE). Last but not least, a set of SRK bamboo knitting needles (dpns) that are lovely.


I'm thrilled Penny. Thanks so much for making my week. I'm mulling over patterns and will knit up that Noro as soon as I can!! BTW Penny, my dining room is Asian inspired and that tea pot is going to fit right in.

2 comments:

Penny said...

I am so glad the teapot will fit right in. I guess that is a little psychicness on my part. I am happy you like the yarns. It was so hard to pick two different Noros and give one away. Enjoy your teas, cookies and candy. Let me know what you think of those noodles. I haven't had them but I got them as they were different and looked interesting in the Asian supermarket.

Rudee said...

Noro has such beautiful colors that I can see how it would be hard to let one go. I haven't tried the noodles yet but the wasabi peas are all gone ; ). Thanks again!