Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Way I See It


This is a quasi-knitting blog. Knitting is getting done here. Lots of it.


It poured cats and dogs here in Charlottesville last night. It suited me just fine. I stayed in and used the evening of rain as an excuse to knit. Like I need one. The surprise anniversary gift is coming along and is really quite simple to knit. It's just gigantic and therein lies my problem with the monstrosity gift. Next year, they each get socks. Here though, where the gift will reside, I am inspired and have made a hefty dent. Let me show you here what is inspiring me.


It isn't Southfork, but is does have a name.


A River Runs Through It



Up on Cripple Creek


Home Alone


The Coal Miner's Daughter's House
where the wicked witch brought an evil
wind and felled a giant tree upon the house.
A search was performed for the ruby slippers.
Alas, they are neither here nor there. We looked
very hard for you know, the right shoes can change your life.
Just ask Cinderella. Or Dorothy.


Paul Bunyon came by to help clean the mess.
He should have finished the job. I hear he charged
a small fortune. At least he cleared a path.



Sometimes, it's hard to see the forest for the trees...


And the real reason I'm inspired? Meet the creatures that
grow my favorite fiber.

Who thinks fences make good neighbors when
your neighbors are as cute as this?

5 comments:

Jane said...

Beautiful pics - what a wonderful place! No wonder you're inspired.

lv2knit said...

Love the inspiring pictures! How serene! RE: Onion sandwiches -- not quite sure about that! BUT the Vidalia Onion Pie would be quite delicious as a side dish or light entree (and your sister would love it even more than most!). The recipe will for sure be in his upcoming book OR check out Martha Stewart for the recipe when he's on.

the rotten correspondent said...

Paradise. It looks like paradise.

Have a fabulous time!

Rudee said...

It was paradise and inspiring! Unfortunately, I am back home now and right back to work too. Too bad, so sad. ;-(

Rositta said...

I could be seriously happy there, don't work too hard and I hope you have better patients than me...lol. ciao