Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Home again, home again, lickety split.

While it was good to sleep in my own bed last night, I find myself missing the scenery of the Blue Ridge Mountain range intensely today. What a beautiful place to call home. I'm a little tired today from the drive last night, so I'll let my pictures do most of the talking.

From Skyline Drive on Friday:


Moorman's River and the Charlottesville Reservoir in the Shenandoah National Forest as seen from the Skyline Drive overlook:







I love the wildflowers, but the bees? Not so much. Still, they do good work and I bought some honey while I was in the mountains. It's a beautiful amber color and the label says it's a goldenrod honey. That will be a first. I should go taste it right now.

I liked the way the middle tree looked to be leaning against the tree on the right to have an intimate chat...as though sharing information of great import.

From Cricket Crossing:


The path to the potting shed taken with a wide angle lens. I love this picture.

The place the dogs cooled off after running crazy on the mountain.

We wrapped up our trip on Sunday with an elegant feast cooked at the house and then a spectacular fireworks show in town.

It was a great getaway. I'm still on vacation until tomorrow (though apparently, some at work did not get those multiple messages I sent and away messages I left and actually emailed me assignments last week--duh--too bad I wasn't there to get them). I have a nice short week planned for this week though I'm quite sure the heat will make for rather wretched work assignments.


15 comments:

Stephanie V said...

Glad to see you back. You have some 'cool' memories and photos to look at if the heat gets too bad.
I love that path to the potting shed, too. I can just imagine wandering up there in the early morning to play with the plants and dirt.

Rose said...

Wow, that seemed like a fast trip; glad you enjoyed it! It seems like this is the second or third time you've been down this way right after me. One of these days we'll have to time it out and meet in Crozet!

Celia said...

Ahhh! The beautiful Shenandoah Valley. Glad you had safe travels.

NCmountainwoman said...

Glad you had such a good trip. I loved seeing the other end of the Parkway.

Darci said...

Great photos! Happy to see you had a lovely vacay :)

Finding Pam said...

I am so glad that you had a great vacation. I love the stone path to the potting shed, too.

Where was this located?

Talk to you later.

Jeannette StG said...

The views! So restful and peaceful!
Your shot taken with the wide angle lens is great -so inviting -and the trees is a very engaging pic (hard to do with trees!)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. Wish I had been out in the mountain air like that. Back to the grind with a new attitude. LOL
QMM

Gail said...

You shall have to knit a shawl of memories to wrap yourself in when you need to escape.

Beautiful scenery.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

welcome home! i love that first bath in my own bathroom and that first night in my own bed!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Quiltluver said...

Beautiful pictures. Sounds like a great vacation.

Brenda said...

Looks beautiful Rudee. Vacations are always too short though. Glad you are back!

Joanna said...

Looks like you saw some beautiful country on your trip Rudee. I love the last photo of the pond with the reflections.

Unknown said...

Beautiful country. Happy Homecoming:>)
My first 2 days of work were with cardiogenic shock--I was in pig heaven!

Rositta said...

Welcome Home, although I suppose you'd rather still be on holiday. The scenery is wonderful, beautiful pictures...ciao