Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

It was a whopping 65 degrees in the Motor City Tuesday. I've ditched my coat, my down vest, mittens, hat and heavy wool pants. I'm back to wearing scrubs with just a little scrub jacket. Everything looks lighter and brighter and while the only greenery I can see are, besides my Irish colleague's shamrock painted nails, new shoots of weeds, I'm reminded summer is right around the corner.

It feels so good to have the warmth of the sun on my face. It also feels good to be out doing my job during the light of day. Though more people are out, at least I can see where I'm going, or more importantly, who else is out there with me.

A couple of weeks ago, before the big kerfuffle over at The Women's Colony brought daily missives to a relative halt, I read somewhere, I think in Friday Confessions, that someone there hates the Beatles. Really? She (or he) just didn't get their popularity.

Sacrilege!

Abbey Road makes me think of spring. In fact, it's my policy that spring cleaning doesn't happen unless Abbey Road is on.

While I may never change the minds of certain WC readers, they can go listen to Lady Gaga or some other such illustrious talent. For the rest of you, and my loan officer, I offer a taste of Abbey Road. No, we still don't have an answer on the mortgage. We have no information left to offer except maybe the results of yet to be scheduled colonoscopies.

11 comments:

willowtree said...

Seeing as you're talking about how good it feels to have the warmth of the sun on your face, I thought you would have used this clip.

Jane said...

Blue skies and sun certainly lift the spirits

Ruth said...

You want it warmer we want it cooler seem we both have what we want. Cooler days are so nice after the baking heat we have had now just want a little rain.

SkippyMom said...

They were talking on the news yesterday about mortgages and one of the "experts" said that coming soon may be the ONE PAGE mortgage application.

I laughed so hard I fell out of my wheelchair.

yeah, right!

Enjoy the spring. I have the backdoor open [can't get outside, but....] and it is so spectacular - mid 60s!

sandy said...

I LOVE the Beatles and especially this song.!

So glad you are getting some sun on your face. I'm sure it will green up real soon.

Have a fun warm day.

Stephanie V said...

While I am more of a Rolling Stones fan, I certainly wouldn't say I hate the Beatles. Hate's a pretty strong word.

This mortgage saga has to be one of the strangest I've heard. I'm crossing my fingers that it will all just fall into place when it should. You've paid enough dues already!
Enjoy the sunshine!

Jane said...

What can I say? You and Willowtree are talking my kind of springtime!

Brenda said...

Your weather is similar to ours. But I am still Freezing! Hope it will be nice for you all on moving day. Did you say someone doesn't like the Beatles? Ummmmmm.....I never thought of anyone not liking them...but I am old.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it's warming up for you in Detroit. It's awful to wait for approval on a home loan.
Also glad to hear you are working days? now..?
I feel hot air blowing here and it's not ALL coming from me. LOL getting up to 85 today..

I will be so happy when and if I can ever purchase beatles' music on i tunes.

Anonymous said...

In Fact.... I have a beatles' poster in my guest bathroom..

Darci said...

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

May your neighbors respect you,
Troubles neglect you,
The angels protect you,
And Heaven accept you.

And hopefully the mortgage people make up their minds soon.