Friday, March 19, 2010

The Eleventh Hour

Lordy, nothing like making a girl sweat!

Six days prior to us having to vacate these premises, the bank has finally approved our loan. What a nightmare. And they wonder why home sales are stagnant? I give the Poorest Communicator of the Universe Award to our loan officer. We had to beg him for information almost on a daily basis, and all of it by telephone as his office is 600 miles away. The twit. Last Friday, he told us we'd know Monday morning. On Monday night, he told us we'd know by Tuesday. You get the picture. Then yesterday, he said we'd know by close of business. We found out at noon today. Ugh!

My husband says he's a changed man and will never, ever, ever buy another house. I'm in agreement.

We don't close until Tuesday, March 23rd at 9 AM, sharp. Thankfully, we're both on vacation until the 29th. In the meantime, we have to get a plumber to sink a gas line for the stove, buy the appliances, order the utilities, and more importantly, high speed internet, finish packing, clean the new house, arrange a mover, move, clean the old house, buy window treatments (or find some old sheets to hang so we can make a great impression on the new neighbors, unpack, celebrate my birthday, settle in and all by the 25th. Whew. I've got a load of nonsense on my plate.

Damn bank. Thanks for the 1,000 new gray hairs. Like I needed them!

16 comments:

sandy said...

Yeah it's closed. I can't wait to see pics.

Darci said...

Man, I wish I lived closer so I could help with the packing and hauling.. I hate packing my own stuff, but it's always fun to help someone else! Good luck :)

Joanna said...

It sounds like a huge amount of work Rudee. And a nightmare with the bureaucracy. But just think of how wonderful it will be to live in your own house.

Jeannette StG said...

Oh how I remember all those details with banks and loan officers! But you survived it:)
Congrats by the way!
Guess you're going to celebrate your birthday in-between boxes?

Jane said...

Oh, I am just so pleased you have finally got it all approved in time. It's going to be a mad week ahead, but it's all in a good cause. Will be thinking of you and hope it all goes smoothly

clairedulalune said...

House moving is so strssful! All the paperwork and lists! I do hope the next few days will be kind to you and you find lots of happiness in your new home!

Rositta said...

Good luck with everything Rudee, you will be fine. Since I won't be spending much time online next week, let me wish you a very Happy Birthday in advance...ciao

Gail said...

Wonderful news but it would have been really wonderful before now.

I wish I were close enough to help.

Happy moving and happy birthday.

Gail said...

PS...Don't pack that camera! We want to see every step.

Quiltluver said...

That's all? You can do it, I know you can.

Brenda said...

What a busy week you will have. Glad you are on vacation to get it all done. Many blessings to you and your family in your new home!

Lisa L said...

breathe. its very important:) the next few days sound, um, horrendous.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lisa, breath deeply and keep deep breathing. I am so happy for you. Can't wait to see the new place. Blessings
QMM

Renie Burghardt said...

Sounds like you'll be mighty busy, Rudee!

Big hugs!

Renie

Stephanie V said...

Wouldn't it be nice if we all lived closer - what a moving party that would be. And we could help celebrate your birthday, too!

Anonymous said...

OH I was feeling old stresses from past purchases for you! Glad you got approval though!!! and Happy Birthday this week!