Wednesday, March 11, 2009

La casa de Rudee

I find myself unable to show you any more pictures than this.  It'll have to suffice until we take possession, and then I'll give you the HGTV tour.  The realtor never got an opportunity to upload their other pictures before I snapped this place right off the market.  When I was in the middle of going through this house, the homeowner came home, and I'd have felt awkward taking pictures of his home for my blog with him standing there.  Say dude, could you just manage to smile a bit for Rudee's friends?

Look at that porch.  Isn't it lovely?  Can you picture having an ice cold beer, iced tea or glass of wine on that porch after a long day's work?  I can.  The house faces east so in the heat of the day, the porch will be shaded.  I'll have to put the bottle of sun tea out at the crack of dawn.


I have never made a decision so quickly in my life, but after speed dating this house, I have no qualms.  Here's what I know:

Built in 1913, this cedar house has a new kitchen, bath, paint job, roof and furnace.  All of the appliances are new (and I mean brand new), and so is the central air.  I could smell the still fresh aroma of a newly built deck.  The bedrooms are spacious- though the community rooms could be a bit larger.  There is a beautiful fireplace in the living room and windows all over the place.  I could bullet all of the finer points of living in this town, but I think I did that yesterday.  It's not as spacious as Charming was, but all in all, it has fewer warts, and it's $400 less per month.  That's a lot of yarn.

Here's a question for you:  if the house is of cedar construction, is it naturally moth proof?  


18 comments:

Jane said...

It's beautiful, so happy you found somewhere you like in the right area.

Ruth said...

I can just see myself having a glass of chardony on that front veranda ( we don't have porch's )Pity the long trip and airfare would be a killer.(I'd need more tha 1 glass)
I'ts a gorgeous looking house you will turn it into a good home.

Betty F said...

I LOVE this house!!!! I've always wanted to live in a house like this.. No such thing in all the "new Suburbia "towns I have lived in...
Is this the one walking distance from the yarn store and town?

Rose said...

Yea! Congratulations! It looks beautiful, and I can't even imagine how good the construction must be, made of cedar. Sounds lovely. When's the moving date?

laurie said...

i LOVE it. i LOVE it. i LOVE it.
and i do love porches. you did good, rudee. excellent!

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, beautiful, Rudee! I am so happy for you. By the way, I have a "rustic cedar" home here, and the moths don't seem to bother it much. lol. And aging agrees with it so!

Have a great day!

Renie

debra said...

what great news! Craftsmen style homes have a wonderful feel to them.
I am very happy for you.

Brenda said...

Aww, now I see Rudee all cozy and snug in her new home sleeping in her "Rudeelocks" bed dreaming of her next walk to the yarn store. Knitting on her nice large shaded porch in August. Sending hugs and smiles your way!

Rudee said...

Whew! I've relieved you all like it-I'd have hated to bore you with nothing special after all of this time searching.

Laurie, it has a third outdoor porch upstairs in the back. It's kind of tiny, but may be a good hideout.

Yes Brenda, I see the same thing when I close my eyes.

Kat Mortensen said...

When we bought our house in 2000, it was a case of walking in and knowing right away it was the place for us, so I know how you felt - at last!
It's a really cute house and I bet it has loads of character inside.

By the way, your dog is adorable!

Thanks for checking out Blasts From the Past and for signing on to follow. I loved your anecdote.

Kat

P.S. Be sure to check out my main blog, "Poetikat's Invisible Keepsakes".

Jane said...

It's beautiful! And all that extra yarn!!!!!Priceless!

Unknown said...

It looks great. Wonderful porch, we just don't have that many houses out here in the Puget Sound with great porchs like that. A great place to knit and visit with your friends.

flydragon said...

Love it. I can just see myself sitting on that porch, drink in one hand, feet up on the railing, watching the world go by.

Oh.... I can see you sitting there too.

Lisa L said...

It is beautiful Rudee. Just beautiful. I would love to live in a house like that...and the town sounds too good to be true! I'm glad for you...

Gail said...

I have always been drawn to Craftsmans. I love the porch and the inside sounds equally wonderful.

I knew the right one would jump in your lap.

Unknown said...

Yippee-ki-ooo. It's a beaut!!
I think I see a spot where you could put a pot of mint to go with that tea...or juleps...whatever:>)

Anonymous said...

absolutely fabulous!

sandy said...

I LOVE the photo, good choice and can't wait to see the inside. I bet you are relieved to have found something you like....