Monday, August 30, 2010

Seams to me


I finished my work early tonight (shhh---we won't mention this more than once or I'm sure to curse myself) and took to knitting the trim for the sweater. Not only are there ruffles for the sleeves and the band around the sweater to knit, but there are miles and miles of hemming with 2 sleeve seams and then the setting in of the sleeves and a picot hem to sew. Sewing and seaming are not my strong suits. The results will be worthwhile, but the getting there will be hard.

I tried to think what music I'd put this task to, and came up with a few songs:

The James Gang, Walk Away.

Cat Stevens, Miles From Nowhere

Neil Sedaka, Breaking Making Up is Hard to Do

Led Zeppelin, Ramble On

Aretha Franklin, Chain of Fools

BJ Thomas, Hooked on a Feeling

Tiring of all of the pins, needles, measuring and shaping, I think I've settled on one final song to offer up:



There. Music to knit, or in this case, seam, by.

9 comments:

SkippyMom said...

That is going to be so lovely. It is worth it. Love the song titles you picked. :) Can't wait to see the finished product.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i can't wait to see the finished sweater!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Finding Pam said...

I love the color. I can't imagine how you would go about making something like this.

How is Leo? I hope he is staying out of trouble. LOL!

Stephanie V said...

Perfect song choice! I was singin' along with you this morning. Looking forward to the end result - it's going to be lovely!

Celia said...

You can do it!

I feel the same way about pick-up stitches.

Gail said...

I am in awe of your talent! I could not even begin to accomplish what you have done.

Rose said...

As a wise woman said to me (that'd be you), you'll be really good at seaming when you're done with it! Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Brenda said...

Very pretty. I too.. am in awe of your talents!

Rositta said...

Very very nice, it will be lovely when done. I miss knitting, it's still too hot to touch wool right now. I'm hoping for a cool spell so I can start a Merino cardigan for myself. Poor Leo, I hope he's feeling better soon...ciao