Wednesday, March 23, 2011

That's a whole lot of yarn

I'm very torn about parting with cash these days. I'd rather hold onto it than buy yarn, clothes, or anything I don't really need.

I'll let you recover from that yarn statement for a moment...

That said, I have an overwhelming desire to see Neil Young when he comes to town next month. I love his music and his very unique voice. I even like his more obscure and undervalued work, like the CD, Are You Passionate.

The problem is the price for tickets. Holy Cow! The cheapest seat for his May 4th concert is around $100. Add a buddy...add parking...add a cocktail...add dinner. Factor in really good seats for a last in my lifetime chance to see this guy live and by the end of the night, I'd have to work 3 days just to afford the tickets.

I'm trying hard not to let it bring me down.



9 comments:

Jane said...

Wow! That IS a whole lot of yarn..........but once in a lifetime? Hmmm.....

Winifred said...

Know what you mean Ruth. But hey in a few years time you'll have forgotten what it was like. I once saw the Beatles but all I remember now was the noise!

Stephanie V said...

I get it...I'm feeling much the same way about k d lang appearances in our town this summer. But I think I'm gonna try...you should, too. These artists may not come close enough again.
Remember - there's always thrift stores and recycled yarn :)

Brenda said...

Well....I hope you get to go. Those opportunities make for some good memories.

SkippyMom said...

I can understand wanting to go - my husband remembers and cherishes every concert he ever went to - and he has some great stories. I still remember the ONE I went to [Van Halen] but that was back when we could afford tickets.

It amazes me that we could get great seats for under 20 bucks while making a minimum wage of 2.30 back in the day - but now great seats are over 200 bucks and minimum wage hasn't even hit 10 dollars. The inflation hasn't kept up with the pay. Sigh.

I say go. Especially if you like him that much and you don't think you will see him around again - besides the tickets will cost twice as much next time. :)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well i spent more than that in the bead store this week! don't tell sarge! ha ha

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoox

Lisa L said...

I love him too. Love 'Harvest'

Gail said...

You can't take the money with you but the memory of a night like this will live forever.

splendid said...

i knew we were kindred spirits!!!!!!!