Friday, March 25, 2011

Eye Candy Friday

I instituted a weekly fiber show and tell and within one week, I've already forgotten all about it and failed to post for All Things Sheepy Thursday. You'll have to settle for Got Fiber? Friday this week. I do have fiber and I do have progress on Cloud Chaser, though I'm not chasing clouds, I'm chasing time. I really wanted to wear this on Sunday, and right now, it's not looking so good, but not for lack of trying.


As I suspected, the collar, while simple, is just a little tedious at this point and my mind and hands are prone to wander off if not entertained or supervised. For sure, the Kindle has gotten in the way of knitting progress, and so has work. For cryin' out loud, I only have 3 pattern repeats, the ribbed border and the finishing of the arm holes. I should be able to complete that in my sleep.

I've included a recent photo of Leo, snapped just this morning, to distract from the fact that I'm forgetful. And lazy. He wanted a belly rub and a photo shoot. You know, I think Leo just might be a part of the distraction issue for me. Don't blame me if he distracts you from finishing things, too.


16 comments:

Jane said...

looks like he's grinning from ear to ear

Stephanie V said...

Now that's a happy dog!

I'm cheering your knitting fingers on. Purely selfish - I want to see that garment on the model.

The Bug said...

Love Leo!

SkippyMom said...

Love me some Leo - and I just swoon over his cutie smile. He's a big boy. :)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i think i'd have to play with dear leo too!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxooxox

Jeannette StG said...

Can't wait to see this cardigan on you! So beautiful!
Glad Leo is happy:)

Finding Pam said...

Leo's smile is so great! I can't wait to see the finished sweater.

Taradharma said...

Leo is hysterically funny and cute! Are his teeth whitened?! I found your blog via Mt. Musings (love Fridays are Golden). I have just begun to learn to knit -- I'm expecting my first grandbaby in August. I'm having a terrible time of, and must eventually get myself to a class. I'm all thumbs and when the stitches go wrong I have no idea what I've done! I'm determined to get this knitting thing DOWN.

Brenda said...

Leo needs some knitted underpants, and a hat and boots....with a very manly look of course. I have a feeling you will succeed with your goal of getting it done by Sunday. Your cardigan that is.

Rudee said...

TaraDharma--don't give up on the knitting. A few classes make all of the difference. Leo's teeth are both large and naturally white.

Lisa L said...

I am officially in love with Leo. Just sayin'...

Celia said...

I understand. Sometimes you just get to a project where you are 95% done and for some reason you hit a roadblock.

I'm distracted. Can't get any work done now. Too bad I'm here at work for 6 more hours on midnight shift. I swear the clock is moving backwards.

Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing your finished sweater.

That looks like a happy dog.

Larjmarj said...

Leo has a beaut-I-ful smile. Can't wait to see your Wip all finished, looks lovely.

ari_1965 said...

I like that particular blue color. I hope you do, too, because you've been working on this project for quite a while.

sandy said...

hahah Leo is too darn funny...love ya Leo!