Sunday, December 6, 2009

Raise Your Cup


This evening, the sale at Cups of Kindness begins. I've gone over to take a look-see at what various artists have made and donated. I've got my eye on a few things and I'm itching for the virtual doors to open.

All money raised benefits the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank and every dollar donated provides 7 meals for those who would otherwise go hungry. Now that's what I think they mean by stretching a dollar. I wish I could do that!

This year, I donated a knitted item in a round about way. I raffled off my too-large hat to one very generous reader, Laurie, from Three Dog Blog in return for her donation to Cups of Kindness. Together, we kicked off the start of the Cups of Kindness selling season. Maybe you can help keep this going by doing a bit of your holiday shopping at this very special, one of a kind store.

Tis the season to raise your own cup and help eliminate hunger.

Happy Shopping!

Photo by Jorge Barrios on Wiki Commons


2 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

What a great project, Rudee! I will check it out tomorrow morning. Thanks for telling us.

debra said...

thanks, Rudee! We had a wonderful opening reception---great art, great energy and people and, courtesy Trader Joe's and folks who baked, great food!