It's stunningly lovely to the ears! Yes my friends, after two months of racket, the contractors are finally out of here. They came by this morning at a very respectable 10:30 AM to put the finishing touches on the walls and now they're gone. We still have carpet to install down there, but the dirty and noisy work is done.
They did give a bid on a kitchen renovation, but we won't even consider starting a project like this until the weather breaks. It's also something we may do instead of a big 25th wedding anniversary trip. I think that's fair. Italy will have to wait. Our kitchen is so tiny and I think I'd love a bit of space, not to mention a little room to cook.
I have time to dream, so here it goes...
- A Viking professional stove with six burners and a grill.
- A big-ass exhaust hood that stands alone like a piece of jewelry hovering above the alter-like stove.
- A separate convection oven.
- An appliance garage for my Kitchen Aid Mixer. It's so heavy to lift and I think a house of its own would be nice.
- A food pantry
- A spice pantry
- Radiant heat in the floor
- That floor? Cork, I think, or maybe Brazilian cherry hardwood.
- A lighter colored granite on the counters
- A boat load of cabinet space
- Task lighting under the cabinets
- Built in recycling cabinets
- French doors leading to the now miniature yard (can't expand without losing outdoor space) and an herb garden on the new deck. Ooh...that yard is disappearing fast in my dream!
- A new Le Creuset cookware set
- A state of the art espresso machine
- A professional chef who can both work the espresso machine AND make fabulous bon-bons in the wink of an eye. Hey! What? It's my dream!
I'm only getting warmed up here, but for some reason, I think my imagination may be a bit bigger than my budget.
If I do something like this, what do I need besides winning the lottery? What am I missing?