Friday, June 17, 2011

All over the place, and a little Fibery Friday


To borrow a phrase, I've been considering words that begin with the letter, D, like duck, dart, and dodge. Which led me to thinking about words that begin with the letter, E, such as evade, or the best A word, to some, avoid. There are so many people in the working world, at least in my working world, who are good at doing all of the above and today, while I'm really annoyed by them, deep down, I'm really jealous. I wish I could take a page from their play books.

I need to work on a C word, compulsion, which is a fault for a type A personality like mine. I'm going to try hard not to feel compelled to work until the wee hours, then awaken only to start working again. One person I called this morning in an effort to alleviate my burden, placed the responsibility (hers) for ordering equipment right back in my lap, even though I told her I was off, had plans and really needed her to do her job. Oy. Forget it. It's easier to do the work myself than ask others to just do their jobs.

EZ's Baby Surprise Jacket in Fave fingering weight yarn, hand dyed by Fiberstory, in the color Meadow, using US size 2 needles. I put my work Blackberry, which I've conveniently turned off, on the sweater so you can see how tiny this little sweater really is. It's so sweet.

As you can see by the above picture, I really do have more important things to do with my precious time away from work.

Speaking of learning to duck, dodge, dart and evade...the theatrics are ramping up ahead of Father's Day. I thought instead of spending Sunday with MLTL, I might go see my own father whom I haven't seen in nearly 10 years. It might be nice to sit on a bench, knit, commune with nature and my Dad and skip the all the drama. I can guarantee the day would be better spent in this manner.


13 comments:

Brenda said...

Cute little sweater. Your plan for Fathers Day sounds great. You are a good person if you do someone else s work. I doubt I would, but I don't really know the whole situation. Have a great weekend!

Celia said...

Cute sweater! I'm the same way. I just grumble and do stuff myself.

The Bug said...

What a cute sweater!

I'll be happy to spend Father's Day up here in Ohio instead of with our dads in NC. We've sent cards :)

NCmountainwoman said...

What a sweet little sweater! Enjoy your visit.

Taking Heart said...

Working always gets in the way of important things... like my CROCHET. I was on a roll today but have to but the hook down and get ready to pull a 4 hour shift... I can do anything for 4 hours, right?

I really wish I could knit a sweater... one of items on my yarn bucket list. I need to blog about that...

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

the sweater is adorable... and i agree, go see your dad while you still can honey.

smiles, bee
xoxooxoxox

Unknown said...

I need to get that pattern sometime soon. Hope you have a good weekend.

SkippyMom said...

Go visit YOUR Dad - it will be nice and you can definitely avoid the stress.
I wish I could share my FIL with you, and although we will be visiting him on Sunday - I too have a bench to go sit on to see mine. [Just no knitting!]

Have a quiet weekend. Take care.

SkippyMom said...

And the sweater is adorable. :D

Unknown said...

Beuatiful colors, and so tiny!

Jane said...

Lovely colours
Spend some time with your dad, MLTL has had more than his fair share of your time

Gail said...

Spend some time with your dad, you will not regret it.

I notice this sweater had the colors of the ocean above. Beautiful.

Larjmarj said...

Cute jacket! Never tried this pattern but I've heard a lot about it. Spend time with your dad, even though it might be difficult. Mines been gone almost a year, wouldn't mind having him back even for one fathers day.