Sunday, May 5, 2013

Long time, no see

Things.  

Things have finally calmed around here and my loved one, who was the victim of medical negligence that is beyond appalling, is making improvements and is back at home picking up the pieces of his life.  I've run the gamut of emotion from fear and grief to anger, but that's all settling down now and life for most everyone is getting back to normal.  For one, I think it'll be a new normal, but at least he lived to tell.

Tomorrow I'll return to the work that pays me a salary, but this weekend I took for myself as a breather.  I don't think I could have picked a finer weekend for regrouping.  The weather is cooperating, everything is in bloom and the house is finally getting aired out after our long, drawn out winter.  All I can I say is it's about time!

My stealth knitting has been on again and quite literally off again, and all I can say is, thank the knitting goddesses for the creation of lifelines and my good sense to use them.  Because of distraction, preoccupation and knitting with tears, I've made some pretty horrific and unfixable mistakes.  Being able to rip back to a safe spot has fixed all that and it's a back on thing with an extended due date.  I am at least half way through and have been given a two month reprieve.  It'll be done.  And it will be stunning.  I wish I'd snapped a picture of it off the needles.  As it hung from the lifeline, it was so easy to see just how beautiful it will be.


Yesterday we had a visit from Miss Rylan, who just turned one in March.  She's walking everywhere and kept 3 adults and one dog on their toes for the couple of hours she was visiting.  It's been a long time since she last visited, and her time here was a joyful one.

I hope you're all well and can forgive my neglect of this space and visits to yours.  See you all, soon.


13 comments:

Stephanie V said...

Good to see you back. Leo must have missed you, too!

Can't believe that that little baby is already a year old. Isn't she lovely!

Darci said...

I missed your posts, welcome back!

Jane said...

So glad things are settling down and life is getting back to "normal". It's good to see you back

Ruth said...

baby is so cute - glad things are getting back back to a sort of normal.

Finding Pam said...

What you have been through with your relative sounds horrible. I'm glad you are back. That little girl is adorable.

Knitty said...

Welcome back! I hope your new normal is, or becomes, a comfortable one.

NCmountainwoman said...

Hooray for improvements. Glad you took some Rudee time.

Brenda said...

I have been thinking about you and hoping all is well. Rylan is so cute. You will complete your beautiful shawl...and I can't wait to see a photo.

The Bug said...

Sorry for the new normal that shouldn't have happened - just inexcusable.

Ms. Rylan is adorable. I'd love to have seen Leo monitoring her :)

Mimi said...

Little Rylan would brighten anyone's day, she's adorable.
Missed you, glad you're back and that all is fairly well in your world.
Don't forget to post a photo of the knitting when it's finished, won't you?

Alice said...

Glad to hear things are getting better, and sorry to hear it was so awful.

Oh my goodness, she is getting big.

Anonymous said...

Rylan is adorable. Glad things are getting back to "normal". and Glad you had the weekend to get decompress before going back to work.

Gail said...

I am so glad things have leveled out for you. Hope they keep improving.