Saturday, December 22, 2012

Time! I need time!

That's what Bilbo said to Gollum, and that's what I find myself saying now.  Instead of using three precious hours to even start wrapping holiday gifts, I used it instead to go to the movies with Brian.  I spent three hours forgetting my work and the news I've watched for the past 8 days.  There isn't enough brain bleach in the world to make the things I've dealt with, seen, read and heard go completely away, but three hours was good.  So was the movie.

If you're a purist and find yourself disappointed when the script doesn't match the book, you may be a bit let down, but I wasn't.  I've read these books many times over the years, including The Silmarillion and the index in the back of The Return of the King.  I think parts of both of these were pulled into this tale and it built another story onto the back of The Hobbit.  For those who've never read Tolkien's work, the Lord of the Rings movies will likely make more sense once you've seen all of this series.

That's enough dawdling.  I really must get my butt in gear.  I haven't wrapped, I haven't cleaned and as of this moment, no flour has flown through the kitchen.  What kind of Christmas would it be without homemade cookies?

I hope you're all doing better with time than me.

10 comments:

Brenda said...

You are doing better than me. I don't bake or cook unless forced to. Merry Christmas Rudee!

Irene said...

I think Christmas and the time leading up to it should be spent in the pursuit of happiness. You are doing that and getting into the proper spirit. xox Ee-ray-nuh

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

no baking here this year. sigh... sarge always made snickerdoodles. i'd make the dough and he'd bake them. he LOVED those!

hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoxo

Stephanie V said...

I kind of miss baking dozens and dozens of cookies - it's not something I need to do this year. Being the Grammy, I can sit back and enjoy. I'll be the one in the corner with my needles clacking trying to reach my goal. Frogging sounds like a great solution - never thought of it LOL

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Celia said...

Lord of the Rings wasn't much like the book either.

Rositta said...

I'm done but then again it's just the two of us this year. With family spread all over Canada and the U.S. spending Christmas together remains a dream. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas...ciao

Alice said...

I used to always be late with my gifts to family, since they all lived sooo far away . . . oh yeah, I moved far away.
Shipping gifts was always such an effort. Paid off one year though, Day before my gift arrived, my Brother's house burnt down to a pit in the ground!
Only clothes he had for a while. You try buying "off the rack" at 6foot 5!

Alice said...

By the way . . .

it was FEBRUARY, but hey, better late then never.

Anonymous said...

Should you are searching for a rucksack to take on the stroll for more than [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#633]north face denali jacket[/URL] , then I like to recommend a litre rucksack. This dimensions is obviously fairly significant, but it will be sufficient to hold your spare garments, foodstuff, camping equipment etc. and not be as well significant to carry.When hunting to acquire a sixty five litre rucksack, there are a number of crucial points to look out for. To illustrate these I am going to utilize a [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#812]north face denali jackets[/URL] Rucksack, your Terra , as an illustration.

Ruth said...

I've got the presents some unwraped others waiting, off to get the ham have made the pudding -( my contribution to family lunch at sons )Will make some jelly thing that has away been around at Christmas so looks all organised maybe.
To Rudee and all the people who read your blog have a Merry Chritmas and A Happy New Year and keep safe warm in the northern hemishere and cool if in the south of the world.