Sunday, September 16, 2012

How to bleach your brain pictorial

Going cold turkey from the news wasn't as hard as I thought it would be this weekend, but to be completely honest, I had a little relapse today and in between the rooms I cleaned, I may have watched both Meet the Press and Face the Nation.  If I'd had a better plan for today, it wouldn't have happened.  Yesterday I filled the time up with beautiful things.

Like giant misshapen pumpkins.


And bizarre looking hay bale sculptures.

There were sweet baby goats, pigs, cows, geese and chicks.

And a witch that cackled in a familiar voice, threatening all the while to "get you and your little dog, too."

I don't think the witch wrote this.  Instead  a plane etched an M in the sky high above The Big House before the game.   Photo courtesy of my son who has tickets for all of the home games this year.  Of course he does.

Knitting is always therapeutic and there was plenty of leftover yarn from the Porcupine Blanket, so I quickly knocked out a Sheep Hat, also from 60 Quick Baby Knits.
Sheep Hat backside.
It's so damned cute.  I hope the mom of this baby sends me a picture of her daughter modeling this.  While it was quick, trinity stitch IS a pain the behind.  I hope she likes it.  I'm trying to figure out how to adapt this to adult size.  I do believe I know one or two big people who would love to own this hat.   Hopefully someone on Ravelry has already done the math.


And that, my friends, is how you bleach a brain when it's been overloaded by all that would have me hiding under the blankets.  I think it was a success.


15 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

boy howdy if you think you slipped you should see what i bought on the internet today. sigh... total epic fail on my self imposed shopping ban!

love your photos though! especially the hat!!!

smiles, bee
oxoxoxoxo

Irene said...

Nobody says we have to live and breathe the latest news, right? There is a time and place for everything and real life does take a priority. Besides, you're not sinhle handedly going to set everything right nor are you responsible for it. All you can do is cast your vote in November. I enjoyed your photos and I like the hat very much. xox

Darci said...

The sheep hat is so unique and unusual :-)
Being outside is a great way too clear the brain of unwanted noise.

Rose said...

Adorable! I love it!

Jane said...

Love it

Ruth said...

Gald you managaed to get a bit new frees - its so downright depresing riots people just gone totally mad

Alice said...

Oh my gosh, that is soo cute!

I imposed a news ban a long time ago . . . Parents: Staunch Republicans
Brother and SIL: Obama all the way.

It was like a vicious free for all!

Knitty said...

My LYS has that cap on display too, but I don't think it is done in trinity stitch. It sure is cute either way.

Good for you for finding a brain bleach!

Stephanie V said...

That hat is perfect for a knitter to gift a little one. Agree on the trinity stitch - I never really get what you'd call a rhythm going. It's just plod through and keep thinking of how nice it looks.

Pumpkins are a great idea for fall. Love the color. I wonder who thought of that?

The Bug said...

Oh oh oh - I LURVE the hat! So cute!

Would you believe that we had the Wool Gathering just up the road & didn't go? I was kind of afraid of what I might buy... Although I need to figure out how to make things I can give people, so maybe next year I'll be in the market for a fiber fair :)

Brenda said...

I love that hat! Hope you get a photo of the little one in it.

Celia said...

The sheep hat is so cute!

SkippyMom said...

"...which is a pain in the behind" with accompanying pic'.

I see what you did there Rudee. I see. giggle

I love that hat. The stitch on the body is so pretty and it is SO cute. :)

I can't do pumpkin patches yet. As much as I want to - I promise to wait until October and people here stop wearing WHITE. grrr.

Winifred said...

Great hat Ruth!

We've just come back from 2 weeks in Orlando & it's such a relief not to have to listen to the programmes & news you've been getting about the election. We couldn't get the BBC World Service so were stuck with Fox & CNN. They have very little world news & no coverage we could find of the Paralympics anywhere.

We had a conservatory built this summer & you can't really watch telly in it. Too much light even with the blinds. Nice!!!!!

sandy said...

That is one cool hat - ....Loved seeing it!