Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Safe Journey Jeanne

I met my friend Jeanne 7 years ago in the small hospital where I work. In very short order, this lovely woman edged her way into my heart. She is smart, witty, compassionate and courageous and I am blessed to call her my friend.

Jeanne is leaving the hospital we work at to embark on a journey to Nicaragua. Initially, I was saddened by the news she was leaving, but quickly realized this was selfish of me. She is right to listen to her heart-she can do so much more where she is going. She truly is an inspiration.

Jeanne is leaving this week and there is a lump in my throat as I try to think how I'll tell her good-bye. I thought all day about what I would post here in this spot. What could I say? How do you say good-bye? I can't. So here and now, the following quote is the one I came up with that pretty much seems to sum her up:

“You can't always sit in your corner of the forest and wait for people to come to you... you have to go to them sometimes.” Winnie the Pooh

Farewell friend. Hope to see you soon.

No comments: